[kids-lib] Free Set of Hikaru No Go Graphic Novel

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Tue Oct 2 19:32:35 PDT 2018

Saw this online, here: http://agfgo.org/pages/hikaru.php:

Perhaps unique in the history of comics, Hikaru creates a compelling action story around a board game. All of the fighting in the story takes place on the game board, a refreshing change of pace from the usual shonen manga. Both school and public libraries are eligible for this offer. The manga and anime of this story are credited with helping thousands of young people to discover Go.

The AGF provides Hikaru for free to schools and libraries, but we do ask for $25 to help us cover the cost of shipping and handling.

If your location is serving disadvantaged kids, or your budget cannot cover the expense, you may request free shipping.

To order your set of Hikaru, contact us at mail at agfgo.org<mailto:mail at agfgo.org>.

Two cardboard playing sets are included with the shipment, as well as two copies of our booklet on how to play, The Way to Go. Once kids read Hikaru, they will want to play Go. The cardboard sets will get you by until you are ready to launch a full Go program.<http://agfgo.org/pages/libraries.php>

FYI,
Jen

Jen Maurer, MLS
School Library Consultant
State Library of Oregon |Library Support and Development
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us> | 503-378-5011 |  www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/orlibsupport> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ORLibSupport> | Tumblr<http://www.statelibraryor.tumblr.com/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>