[kids-lib] Mock Printz Award Workshop Reading List

Lisa Elliott lisae at tigard-or.gov
Wed Oct 10 17:07:04 PDT 2018

Hello people! The time has come to prepare for the 2019 Mock Printz Workshop, hosted once again at the Beaverton City Library on Saturday, January 19 from 12:30-5:30. I'll send out registration information soon, but for now I wanted to give you a chance to start on the eight fabulous titles on our reading list. Thank you for your recommendations as we built this list. I know there are great books that didn't make the cut, and I'm looking forward to your passionate endorsements at the workshop.

Please find a printable bookmark attached and the list below. Enjoy!

*         Boots on the Ground
by Elizabeth Partridge

*         Children of Blood and Bone

by Tomi Adeyemi

*         Darius the Great is Not Okay
by Adib Khorram

*         Dread Nation
by Justina Ireland

*         The Hazel Wood

by Melissa Albert

*         Hey, Kiddo
by Jarrett Krososczka

*         Munmun
by Jesse Andrews

*         The Poet X
by Elizabeth Acevedo

-Lisa

Lisa N Elliott
Young Adult Librarian
Tigard Public Library
(503) 718-2654
lisae at tigard-or.gov<mailto:lisae at tigard-or.gov>

Work Schedule
Tuesday-Thursday 11:30-8:00
Friday-Saturday 10:00-6:30

My pronouns are she/her.

DISCLAIMER: E-mails sent or received by City of Tigard employees are subject to public record laws. If requested, e-mail may be disclosed to another party unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law. E-mails are retained by the City of Tigard in compliance with the Oregon Administrative Rules "City General Records Retention Schedule."