[kids-lib] Retiring!

Heather McNeil heatherm at dpls.lib.or.us
Thu Aug 29 11:48:24 PDT 2019

After 20 years with Deschutes Public Library I am retiring.  My last day will be September 3.  I will certainly miss many of the wonderful people I work with, or have attended conferences with, or shared stories with.  I have plans for new adventures, offering workshops on early literacy and storytime skills, as well as performing more as a storyteller.  Look for my web page in October, www.heathermcneilstories.com<http://www.heathermcneilstories.com>.  If you need to reach me about ideas for workshops or performances, my personal email is heathermc320 at gmail.com.

I have loved working in libraries for 40 years.  As you well know, libraries are magical.  Those of us who work with children know how important our work is, and how we relish the rewards-squished dandelions handed to us by a toddler, a parent telling us we found just the right book to get his child interested in reading, a teacher thanking us for inspiring a classroom.  Best of all, at least for me, are the storytimes when we have the amazing opportunity to present the brilliant books that come our way to eager, spongey-brained children.  We are all lucky, and I wish you all the best with your own magical ride.

Someone told me this time of life is called Refirement, and I really like that.  I look forward to new adventures.

Heather McNeil
Youth Services Manager
Deschutes Public Library
541.617.7099