[kids-lib] We Read Picture Books => Twitter Chat on 2/28 at 5:30 PM Pacific

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Wed Feb 20 09:30:25 PST 2019

Please pardon the cross-posting.

Hi,

For those of who use Twitter or want to, and for those of you who like learning about or discussing picture books, there will be a Twitter chat on Thursday, 2/28 at 5:30 pm Pacific. The discussion will focus on Counting on Katherine: How Katherine Johnson Saved Apollo 13<https://www.amazon.com/Counting-Katherine-Johnson-Saved-Apollo/dp/1250137527> by Helaine Becker.

Use the #WeReadPictureBooks<https://twitter.com/hashtag/wereadpicturebooks> hashtag to follow along or check in afterwards.

I've heard from some who say they don't know how to participate in Twitter chats. There is a lot of info online, like this post about following along using the hashtag<https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/how-to-participate-in-a-twitter-chat/546805/>, this one about using TweetChat<https://www.socialpilot.co/blog/a-step-to-step-guide-to-joining-a-twitter-chat>, and this YouTube video that uses #ExampleChat<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uoqoc7hNIE> to model a Twitter chat.

Thanks,
Jen

Jen Maurer, MLS
School Library Consultant