[kids-lib] Pacific NW Booksellers Association Trade Show

Dawn Prochovnic dawnp at smalltalklearning.com
Tue Jul 23 18:47:48 PDT 2019

Dear friends and colleagues,

I’ve been invited to attend the PNBA (Pacific NW Booksellers Association) trade show this year to celebrate the launch of my new books, Where Does a Cowgirl Go Potty? and Where Does a Pirate Go Potty? I am able to bring one guest, and I’d like that guest to be a librarian or classroom teacher. If you’ve not had the opportunity to attend PNBA, it’s a wonderful experience with many educational sessions, author signings, and stacks of advance copies of books (think: ALA-lite, for booksellers, but they have a specific track geared for librarians). If attending this event as my guest interests you, I’ll be taking mini-applications through Sunday, July 28, 2019.

The details:
-The event is in Portland, Oregon, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, October 6, 7 and 8
-The program and other event details are here: http://www.pnba.org/tradeshow.html <http://www.pnba.org/tradeshow.html>

The small print:
-This guest pass covers general show admission and special events that are listed as “open to all badged attendees” (it does NOT provide entry to special ticketed events at the show, many of which include meals)
-I request that you be available to attend for at least two of the three show dates, and that you intend to take full advantage of the show experience.
-I specifically request that you are available to attend the Sweet and Greet event that starts at 8:30 PM on Monday, October 7 (I’m one of the featured authors for that part of the show, and I’d like my guest to be able to share in that with me).
-You would be responsible for any additional expenses incurred such as mileage, lodging, meals, etc.

The mini-application process:
-Send me an email (dawnp at smalltalklearning.com) with a brief response that addresses the following questions:
1. What students/community do you serve?
2. How will attending PNBA benefit you professionally?
3. How will attending PNBA ultimately benefit the students/community you serve
-Your response should be brief—I don’t plan to count words, but aim for no more than 250 words for the complete response
-Your response should reach me by 12pm PST on Sunday, July 28
-I will select a guest the week of July 29

Please feel welcome and encouraged to share this opportunity with friends/other colleagues.

If you have questions, please ask, but please don’t overthink. My goal is to share this extra ticket with someone who can genuinely benefit from it. If that’s you or someone you know, I’d love to hear from you or them.

Warm wishes,
Dawn

Dawn Prochovnic, MA
Author, Where Does a Cowgirl Go Potty? & Where Does a Pirate Go Potty?
Author, Story Time with Signs & Rhymes Series
Contributing Author, Oregon Reads Aloud
2015 Oregon Library Supporter of the Year
dawnp at smalltalklearning.com <mailto:dawnp at smalltalklearning.com>
www.dawnprochovnic.com <http://www.dawnprochovnic.com/>
Facebook: Dawn Prochovnic
Twitter: @DawnProchovnic