[kids-lib] Call for Nominations for the 2019 CSLP Elections

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Fri Mar 15 11:00:52 PDT 2019

Hello Oregon folks serving kids and teens in Summer Reading programs,

The Collaborative Summer Library program is on the lookout for board members. If you are ready for a new challenge that could positively impact kids and your fellow librarians, or are interested in a national leadership opportunity, this is something to consider. It would be awesome to have an Oregonian in any of these positions! CSLP is making some positive changes and this could be an exciting time to push this organization forward to offer more meaningful resources for our work with kids and teens in the summer.

While all Board travel/expenses are covered by CSLP, any Board position would require some availability in schedule and being able to leave your library for travel to the annual meeting and board commitments during the year. I recognize the inequities inherent in who can even consider this opportunity, and I absolutely wish the structures were different. I know Oregon's pool of librarians supporting kids is already working so hard in a variety of ways, and if this is not for you, don't worry! You are already working hard! If you are someone who sees summer reading as a key tool in ensuring kids have a safe place to go during the summer and a key tool in preventing summer learning loss, if you've never thought about working in this capacity and are curious to know what it might be like, please consider reaching out to the current board and nominating yourself or another librarian.

It's not required to tell me if you'd like to apply, but please let me know so I can give you a good reference. :)

Best,

Greta B