[kids-lib] State Library YALSA Project Application for Teen Library Staff Open Now Through May 10th

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Thu May 2 18:18:52 PDT 2019

Hello library staff serving kids and teens,

The State Library of Oregon is participating in YALSA's Transforming Teen Services: A Train the Trainer project<http://www.ala.org/yalsa/train-trainer-project>, and is recruiting two teen librarians to participate, starting later this year and continuing through 2021.

The selected teen librarians would participate in a 2.5 day face-to-face train the trainers with other teen librarians from across the country. Participants also have the opportunity to be leaders in the field, with opportunities to speak at local, regional, and national conferences and publish articles and blog posts about connected learning, computational thinking, and library youth services.

Wondering about the expectations? Here's some FAQs<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N4KNa_PjjnIP7ilYfD4GvkbqXSaMXZChIoGgTTkkszc/edit?usp=sharing> and a few requirements for participating:

If selected, librarians will be required to:

*        Actively participate in project activities from November 2019 through April 2021.

*        Attend a 2.5 day training *either*in Chicago on Sunday, 10/27-Tues,10/29, or in Memphis, on Wed, 10/30-Fri, 11/1 (TBD by June 30th)

*        Participate in online learning developed specifically for this project

*        Participate in the project's online Community of Practice to exchange ideas, and where coaches and mentors will be available to support you

*        Share your learning with the library community over the course of the project
A key component of this project is that library staff selected share back with their library communities.  Therefore we expect those selected to be able to leave their library buildings in order to complete project activities.
We expect this project will require participants to spend approximately 2-3 hours per week on Train the Trainer activities. These activities will include online learning, online conversation with colleagues and coaches, developing strategies for sharing the trainings in your state, and work outside of the library building to present training and to develop partnerships and relationships.

If you have any questions about this project, please contact me and I'm happy to help answer any questions you have!

You can apply here: https://forms.gle/XFWLiSUW5FA7eXa86

Best,

Greta B

Greta Bergquist