[kids-lib] Friday, April 10th

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Fri Apr 10 13:43:04 PDT 2020

Hi everybody,

We made it to Friday! Today is FAQ Friday and I wanted to address two common questions I got last week. If you have questions for next week, please let me know here: https://forms.gle/Zo8neqBr735gqTAV7

The big topic many folks are thinking about is summer reading & what to do about it. First: yes, our plans need to change. Not sure what this looks like? The good news is - no one does! We're all in the same boat figuring this out together.  We will talk about potential strategies for summer reading next week Tuesday at 11am at our Summer Reading meetup. The link is: https://zoom.us/j/279500142 You don't have to have video to call in, you can use your phone to call 1 253 215 8782 and use the Meeting ID: 279 500 142. It will be recorded if you can't make this time. If you have summer reading ideas you'd like to add to this document<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZMOlwIdYHBhc8NFvDGHHF_B5g4t1Ywglz-DH-JrEyAY/edit?usp=sharing>, please go ahead and do so.

The other big topic was can we change our 2020 Ready to Read grants and the short answer is YES. We recognize this year's services may be drastically different and that is OKAY. We anticipate by the end of April there will be a form in the online grants system for you to make a change to your Ready to Read plan. It will be as simple as we can make it, and include one question about what you're planning on changing and one question on how much money you anticipate moving. Because no one knows what is going to happen in the next three weeks and how library services may look when libraries open up again, we are asking for you to wait until the end of the month to officially request a change. We are trying to minimize folks asking to make multiple changes over the course of the next two months. It is absolutely fine to go ahead and plan for the changes you think you may need, and to believe those changes will be fine. Please be patient with us and with yourselves as well as we work to figure out a process.

I hope you are able to take a break this weekend, to eat something good, to spend virtual time with people you love if you can't spend time in person. I appreciate so much all the work you are doing for your communities and want to say thank you for the chance to work with you all in this challenging time.

Take good care,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image003.png at 01D60F3D.C9B9D870]