[kids-lib] Monday, August 31st Links to OSLIS Recording and Register for Gale Highlights

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Mon Aug 31 10:45:23 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

Wow, we made it through August! Several folks shared last week about how this time is particularly challenging as we don't have our usual breather after summer reading ends and we start gearing up for school. Time is operating so strangely in this public health crisis. I sincerely hope you are all able to take some breaks in fresh air this week, even if it's just sitting outside for 10 minutes to yourself. I am especially thinking of those of you caring for kids and teens at home, I know this time is particularly challenging as you work to figure out ways to work and get kids access to school and all the supports they will need to be successful this year.

I wanted to share our recording of last week's OSLIS Highlights: https://my.nicheacademy.com/oregonstaff/course/18733 You can also find it by going to the State Library's Staff Training<https://my.nicheacademy.com/oregonstaff> page and clicking "Youth Services." We're looking forward to building this out for you over the next couple years!

Tomorrow at noon, you're welcome to join us as my colleague Jen Maurer present on GALE as a resource for K-12 learners, but you must register ahead of time: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0tduqgpjktHNBIO92xR61uwzs1-LqV0TyN

Have a good week!

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image002.png at 01D67F84.426452D0]