[kids-lib] Time to nominate titles for 2021 ORCA!

MacKenzie Ross mross at beavertonoregon.gov
Thu Jan 16 17:58:32 PST 2020

Hello! It's that time of year where you and your school or library's kids and teens get to have a say in next year's ORCA list! If you think a book published in 2018 was extra amazing and that kids or teens should definitely read it, please fill out this form<https://oregonreaderschoiceaward.wordpress.com/nominate-for-2021/>. And encourage kids or teens to nominate titles as well-we want to hear from them!

A few reminders about ORCA:

*         Each year we create a list of 8 titles each for upper elementary (grades 3-5), middle school (grades 6-8), and high school (grades 9-12).

*         We want the books to be readily available-this means that paperback is preferable, but not required.

*         For the 2020-2021 list, we're considering books with a 2018 publication date.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at this address or at orca at olaweb.org<mailto:orca at olaweb.org>

And just a reminder, you can find our website here<https://oregonreaderschoiceaward.wordpress.com/>, and it has a variety of resources<https://oregonreaderschoiceaward.wordpress.com/resources/> for this year's ORCA lists.

Best,
MacKenzie

MacKenzie Ross
Youth Services Librarian
Beaverton City Library | 12375 SW 5th St | Beaverton, OR 97005
Murray Scholls Branch | 11200 SW Murray Scholls Place | Beaverton, OR 97007
503-526-2373 | www.BeavertonLibrary.org<http://www.beavertonlibrary.org/>
mross at beavertonoregon.gov<mailto:mross at beavertonoregon.gov>
Work days: Sunday-Thursday
Pronouns: she, her, hers

[cid:image001.png at 01D42E59.49FBE900]     [cid:image002.png at 01D42E59.49FBE900]      [cid:image003.png at 01D42E59.49FBE900]    @beavertonlib

PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE

This e-mail is a public record of the City of Beaverton and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law.  This email is subject to the State Retention Schedule.