[kids-lib] Thursday, March 19

Greta Bergquist Greta.Bergquist at state.or.us
Thu Mar 19 09:34:36 PDT 2020

Hello everybody,

I hope you are doing well today. When hard things are happening, it can be a good time to take a deep breath outside in a backyard or look through a window to see what green and living things you can see outside if you can't go outside physically. Along those lines, I wanted to share this resource, City Nature Challenge,<https://citynaturechallenge.org/> from our museum friends in California. There's some great afterschool curriculum attached that could be easily adapted for a social media post for your libraries to share about taking a minute outside to see what bugs are around, what birds are flying, what the clouds are doing. It could also be a good programming resource in your back pocket when programs are running again. The cities of Eugene and Springfield are participating this year, and signups for 2021 are open.

Take good care,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
503-378-2528 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

[cid:image003.png at 01D5FDD1.BC7DF060]