[kids-lib] Live (and Recorded) Readings of Stories from Oregon Reads Aloud

Dawn Prochovnic dawnp at smalltalklearning.com
Fri May 8 10:01:44 PDT 2020

Hi Friends,

I wanted to let you know that I’ll be presenting a free story time event via Zoom in collaboration with Roundabout Books TOMORROW (Saturday, May 9th) at 11 AM. I'll be reading my story, First Day Jitters, featured in the award-winning book, Oregon Reads Aloud, a collection of 25 read-aloud stories by Oregon authors and illustrators.

If you/your patrons can't attend the live event, it will be recorded and available for future viewing. Additional info, including the Zoom link, is available here, https://www.roundaboutbookshop.com/event/zoom-storytime-oregon-reads-aloud-dawn-prochovnic <https://www.roundaboutbookshop.com/event/zoom-storytime-oregon-reads-aloud-dawn-prochovnic>. Please feel welcome to share with your patrons (and/or share/post the recorded version(s) on your websites.

Oregon Reads Aloud, a benefit for SMART Reading, came out in hardcover in 2016, and has just been re-released in a paperback edition. As a result, several contributors have or will record readings of their story featured in the book. Some that I’m aware of include:

Eric Kimmel, Waffles!: https://ericakimmel.com/2020/04/waffles/ <https://ericakimmel.com/2020/04/waffles/>
Dale Basye, Kip and the Great Food Cart Feud: https://youtu.be/TGC3cqitVjw <https://www.facebook.com/heck.wherethebadkidsgo>  (Dale’s video is HILARIOUS)
Dawn Prochovnic, First Day Jitters: https://youtu.be/0M4Wr72RoVo   (and the live story time noted above will be record and also posted as well)

I hope you and yours continue to stay safe and well. Thanks for all you do for readers everywhere!

Dawn Prochovnic, MA
Author, Lucy’s Blooms (Spring ’21)
Author, Where Does a Cowgirl Go Potty? & Where Does a Pirate Go Potty?
Author, Story Time with Signs & Rhymes Series
Contributing Author, Oregon Reads Aloud

dawnp at smalltalklearning.com <mailto:dawnp at smalltalklearning.com>
www.dawnprochovnic.com <http://www.dawnprochovnic.com/>
Facebook: @DawnProchovnicAuthor