[kids-lib] Oregon Reader's Choice Award: 2020-21 Nominees

MacKenzie Ross mross at beavertonoregon.gov
Thu May 28 17:05:34 PDT 2020

I know a lot of people have been asking about the ORCA nominees for 2020-21, and they're finally ready to announce! Drumroll....

Upper Elementary (grades 3-5):
Bob by Wendy Mass and Rebecca Stead and Nicholas Gannon
Cardboard Kingdom by Chad Sell
Dragons in a Bag by Zetta Elliott
Front Desk by Kelly Yang
Knights vs. Dinosaurs by Matt Phelan
Louisiana’s Way Home by Kate DiCamillo
Out of Left Field by Ellen Klages
Thirty Minutes Over Oregon: A Japanese Pilot’s World War II Story by Marc Tyler Nobleman and Melissa Iwai

Middle School Division (grades 6-8):
Be Prepared by Vera Brosgol
Escape from Aleppo by N.H. Senzai
Ghost Boys by Jewell Parker Rhodes
The Last by Katherine Applegate
The Night Diary by Veera Hiranandani
No Fixed Address by Susin Nielsen
Sunny by Jason Reynolds
Sweep: The Story of a Girl and Her Monster by Jonathan Auxier

High School Division (grades 9-12):
Darius the Great Is Not Okay by Adib Khorram
Dread Nation by Justina Ireland
Dry by Neal Shusterman and Jarrod Shusterman
Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi
The Faithful Spy: Dietrich Bonhoeffer and the Plot to Kill Hitler by John Hendrix
A Heart in a Body in the World by Deb Caletti
Hey, Kiddo by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo

A resource guide will be forthcoming this summer, and the 2020 winners will be announced by July 1 (remember that voting is extended through June 15).

See our website<https://oregonreaderschoiceaward.wordpress.com/> for updates!

MacKenzie Ross

Youth Services Librarian

Beaverton City Library | 12375 SW 5th St | Beaverton, OR 97005

Murray Scholls Branch | 11200 SW Murray Scholls Place | Beaverton, OR 97007

www.BeavertonLibrary.org<http://www.beavertonlibrary.org/>

mross at beavertonoregon.gov<mailto:mross at beavertonoregon.gov>

Work days: Sunday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Pronouns: she, her, hers

[cid:image001.png at 01D42E59.49FBE900]     [cid:image002.png at 01D42E59.49FBE900]      [cid:image003.png at 01D42E59.49FBE900]    @beavertonlib

COVID-19 Update<http://intraweb/news/Pages/default.aspx>: Please note: I am working remotely at this time. Response times may be longer than normal as we adapt to remote work. Also, the Beaverton City Library is currently closed and is scheduled to reopen on Monday, June 8, 2020. Please check our website for updates.

PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE

This e-mail is a public record of the City of Beaverton and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law.  This email is subject to the State Retention Schedule.