[kids-lib] Monday, February 8th Links for Tuesday collection office hours

BERGQUIST Greta * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Mon Feb 8 09:37:16 PST 2021

Hello everyone and welcome to Monday.

I found this article about hitting a pandemic wall<https://www.huffpost.com/entry/coronavirus-pandemic-wall-mental-health_l_601b3c9dc5b6c0af54d09ccb> useful and maybe you will too - I continue to be impressed with all you are doing to keep serving your communities, and I also want to be very cognizant of how much stress we are all under right now. Please take care of yourselves this week!

Tomorrow's office hours will be about collection development, we'll focus on the Best of 2020 and Youth Media Awards. Bring your favorite 2020 read for littles, elementary age, middle grade, or teens, and be ready to share how you are selling new titles in this no-contact environment. (Also if you're not, it's okay! Come anyway!)

Info to join is below, feel free to bring your lunch. Any and all library staff are welcome to join in for any one or for all four of these topics. You do not have to register, but you DO need the password, see zoom information below.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88398149898?pwd=VjVaOWlSQkwvcS94UFNzTlZSV29DUT09

Meeting ID: 883 9814 9898
Passcode: reading

One tap mobile
+14086380968,,88398149898# US (San Jose)
+16699006833,,88398149898# US (San Jose)

Meeting ID: 883 9814 9898
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcfsu1rXgK

Best,

Greta

P.S. For next week, Tuesday, February 16th, we'll be discussing a recording: a lecture from the Spring 2020 Augusta Baker Diversity Series: Diversity in Children's Services, presented by Heather McCue. The recording is available  here to watch with slides<https://sites.google.com/view/bakerlectures/baker-diversity-series/spring-2020-lectures?authuser=0#h.fbz8wqqe8yg1>. It's a little over an hour.

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT
Youth Services Consultant
971-375-3549 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image003.png at 01D6FDFD.FC320CA0]