[kids-lib] Friday, February 26th Shoutout to CSD and March Update

BERGQUIST Greta * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Feb 26 09:36:04 PST 2021

Hi everyone,

Happy Friday! This is a shoutout to Children's Services Division members for working to support you in this time - CSD Board members' work is so often behind-the-scenes<https://www.csdola.org/> - Have you checked out content curated by Tara Morissette at https://www.facebook.com/csdola lately? Or the scholarships available<https://www.csdola.org/scholarships.html>? Be on the lookout for CSD Spring Workshops, starting March 19th, more info coming soon!

In other news, I have so appreciated weekly office hours this past year, hearing about the work you are doing brings much joy. For this spring, my office hours time will morph a bit, as I'm working to facilitate Transforming Teen Services (register here!<https://forms.gle/HEdUCmzXodp5yfyf6>) with Danielle Jones the next couple months and focusing on a couple other projects. Monthly Summer Reading meetups will continue, but I'm stepping back from hosting every week. And wow, there are plenty of good options for you if you still want to meetup:

Tuesday, March 2nd: Project Outcome 101<https://ala-events.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_a0QRqf8pTBqCGnHPCy-5Zg> - if you're a newbie to data and measurement, this may be a good one for you!
Tuesday, March 9th: School Library Journals' Middle Grade Magic<https://www.slj.com/?event=middle-grade-magic-2021> - featuring Fern Ridge's Caitlin McMahan and Springfield's Taylor Worley as moderators, and one of our Oregon favs, Renée Watson, presenting!
Friday, March 19th: Children's Services Division Spring Workshop series starts
Tuesday, March 30th: Summer Reading Programing Meetup at noon

Thanks again to all who have been participating in office hours, and to those of you who can't but are working hard where you're at - I hope your weekend is full of rest and sunshine.

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT
Youth Services Consultant
971-375-3549 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image002.png at 01D70C22.CC8441C0]