[kids-lib] Fair Housing Council of Oregon 2021 Poster Contest

BERGQUIST Greta * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Jan 15 16:13:06 PST 2021

Hello everyone,

I'm sending this message about a statewide poster contest from Samuel Goldberg at the Fair Housing Council of Oregon. Samuel mentioned in his e-mail to me that "We have a few books that we've used in the past which address fair housing specifically, and would love to partner with any libraries who would like to do some kind of virtual story hour, either live or pre-recorded." Please get in touch with Samuel if you have questions about the poster contest or are interested in working with Fair Housing Council for a virtual program, I've cc'd Samuel above and his contact info is below as well.

Best,

Greta B

The Fair Housing Council of Oregon is pleased to announce that we have opened the 23rd Annual Fair Housing Poster Contest. This year's theme is: "It's Fun Having All Kinds of Neighbors". Through the poster contest, we hope to spread awareness and engage youth in discussion about housing discrimination. We hope you will take a moment to share this exciting opportunity with your networks so we can reach as many youth as possible.

Calling All Young Artists: The Fair Housing Council of Oregon Opens Their 2021 Fair Housing Poster Contest

The Fair Housing Council of Oregon is thrilled to present the 23rd Annual Fair Housing Poster Contest theme: "It's Fun Having All Kinds of Neighbors". FHCO is currently accepting submissions from Oregon students in grades 1 through 8 for a poster that best represents the theme with an artistic flair.

Students are encouraged to design and submit their very own poster exhibiting the importance of acceptance and diversity in our neighborhoods. Participation in this year's poster contest can help educate our youth on how fair housing laws protect all Oregonians against illegal housing discrimination by promoting equitable access to housing and economic choices. According to the federal and state fair housing laws, all residents have equal access to housing regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status, disability, source of income, marital status, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, and occupation. This is the perfect opportunity to engage the youngest members of our community in discussions about civil rights in housing.

The top entries receive cash awards and the winning design will be displayed throughout Oregon. Posters must be horizontally-oriented on an 8.5"x11" sheet of white paper or poster board to qualify. Deadline for submission is 5pm on Friday, March 12, 2021. Entries must be submitted before the deadline to 6229 SE 41st Ave, Portland, OR 97202.

For more information and details on how to enter FHCO's 23rd Annual Fair Housing Poster Contest, please visit: http://fhco.org/index.php/news/poster-competition. Questions or interested in volunteering? Contact sgoldberg at fhco.org<mailto:sgoldberg at fhco.org>. We can provide you with contest brochures, materials, lesson plans, book suggestions, and more!

###

About FHCO
The Fair Housing Council of Oregon (FHCO) is a statewide civil rights organization whose mission is to eliminate housing discrimination through access to enforcement and education. We are a nonprofit corporation, not a governmental agency. We promote equal access to housing by providing education, outreach, technical assistance, and enforcement opportunities specifically related to federal, state, and local fair housing laws."

Samuel Goldberg
Program and Administrative Assistant
Fair Housing Council of Oregon
1221 SW Yamhill St. #305
Portland, Oregon 97205
(503) 223-8197 ext. 104
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
[cid:image002.png at 01D6E912.3B767370]
Fair Housing Council Hotline - Fridays 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
(800) 424 - 3247 x2
Email: information at fhco.org<mailto:information at fhco.org>