[kids-lib] Early Shoutout: Wednesday, November 10th

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Nov 10 17:04:29 PST 2021

Hello folks,

I’m sending this early this week and hope you will enjoy this shoutout, courtesy of Beka at the Molalla Public Library. Beka wrote me:

“I would like to nominate my coworker Tabby Mothershead here at Molalla for her amazing Mini-golf Par-Tee! She created the whole, entire 6-hole golf course on her own without any help. She's young and fresh off her Masters. We are so lucky to have her here! She's an amazing worker! The course had a Hungry Caterpillar, Mo Williams, Pete the Cat, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter and Series of Unfortunate Events hole. The kids and parents both loved it. It was super creative! And, she even got it set up on Calendly so that they had tee times, so our start times were staggered. It was an awesome transitional in-person program because while we saw a lot of people, we didn't see them all at once. And, the clubs could be sanitized between uses, and they kept their balls and left with a goodie bag of stickers and cute items that matched the themes of the holes. It's been so long since we've had people in the building to interact with that it was really refreshing!”

I really appreciated Beka sending her compliment, and also what a great idea to allow for safe and fun interactions with people after so long being full of restrictions! Please get in touch with Beka or Tabby if you want to know more specifics, they are cc’d here. Thanks for all the work you are doing in this busy fall season to welcome people back into public spaces and community. We are all a bit out of practice and it helps so much to have good co-workers to practice with!

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]