[kids-lib] Friday, Jan 7th Shoutout

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Jan 7 12:18:34 PST 2022

Hello all,

Happy New Year, everybody! I hope 2022 has started well in your neck of the woods. It's dark and rainy over here in the valley these days but a little sunshine just broke out and that seems fairly hopeful for the weekend.

I'm not much for New Year resolutions, but I really appreciated the questions Jefferson County Library District library director Jane Ellen Innes raised this week in The Madras Pioneer, You Can't Judge a Book by its Cover<https://pamplinmedia.com/msp/131-features/532467-425746-you-cant-judge-a-book-by-its-cover->: "What situation, people, or events have you thought would end up a certain way but ended up better, worse, or just different? What did you learn from it? How did it change you?"

Good questions to reflect on knowing we're gonna spend some time this year helping people understand why we have things on the shelves that they may not personally appreciate. So here's a shoutout to Jane Ellen for giving us good questions to ponder and discuss and for raising them in the community, too.

Have a good weekend, all!

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[Title: State Library of Oregon]