[kids-lib] Free Winter Kit from PLIX, sign up by December 14th

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Thu Nov 10 14:45:13 PST 2022

Hi everyone,

If you don't know the MIT Kindergarten Group, they do a lot of really cool things like researching how to help kids learn while having fun. (They brought you Scratch and Scratch Jr.) They also support the PLIX, the Public Library Info Exchange<https://plix.media.mit.edu/about>. They're currently running a free mini-course on Engaging Families, and if you sign up by December 14th, they'll send you a winter kit<https://plix.media.mit.edu/workshops/plix-winter-kit> with programming supplies for a fun family program.

If you are new to kids' services, this would be a really great course for you. And if you are not new but want to level up, I found these trainings mid-career and still found them super useful in helping me see new ways to serve families better. So if you have the time, give it a try!

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Title: State Library of Oregon]