[kids-lib] ALSC Toolkit for Program Challenges

Alec Chunn alecc at multco.us
Tue Dec 5 11:41:52 PST 2023

Recognizing the need to prepare library staff for opposition to programs,
ALSC tasked the School-Age Programs and Services (SAPS) committee with
creating a toolbox focused on program challenges. On behalf of the SAPS
committee, I’m excited to share the result of our work from the 2022-23
term: the ALSC Toolkit for Program Challenges
<https://www.ala.org/alsc/publications-resources/toolkit-program-challenges>
.

We split the toolkit into three sections: before, during, and after a
program challenge. For each stage, we suggest areas that may need special
attention, identify specific steps you can take, and provide adaptable
templates for creating a program policy, planning a program, and responding
to a challenge.

We hope this toolkit will help library staff as they continue to serve all
of their community, and we look forward to your feedback for future
revisions. We invite the [insert audience here] community to participate in
strengthening this evolving toolkit and our service to children by sharing
suggestions, experiences, and feedback via email to alscsaps at gmail.com.

Cheers,
Alec

--
*Alec Chunn *(he/they) (*AL-ik chUHn*)
*Youth Librarian*

currently reading: *Teach the Torches to Burn
<https://multcolib.bibliocommons.com/v2/record/S152C2164248>* by Caleb
Roehrig 🎧