[kids-lib] Self-Directed Activities- possible OLA conference panel?

Amanda Lamb amanda.lamb at newbergoregon.gov
Mon Oct 23 10:45:56 PDT 2023

Hello all! Posting this along with Korie Buerkle, Newberg Public Library Director. Apologies in advance for any cross-posting:

We love Self-Directed Activities for all ages at our library.  if you do too, would you consider joining us in a OLA Conference proposal for All-Ages Self-Directed Activities (better title to come)?

The State Library of Oregon defines Self-Directed Activities as:
“Self-directed activities are program-like activities the library produces that do not necessitate direct staff interaction with patrons in real time.”

If you are interested please email korie.buerkle at newbergoregon.gov<mailto:korie.buerkle at newbergoregon.gov> and let her know the size of your library service area, the self-directed activity/activities you would like to talk about, and the ages you are targeting with the activity.

Please email by end of day October 29. Thanks for considering!

Amanda Lamb
Children's Services Manager
City of Newberg/Newberg Public Library
Direct: 503-554-7735