[Libs-Or] Oregonian Interface Enhancements from NewsBank on
horan_pam at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Tue Dec 14 13:04:30 PST 2004
On December 20, 2004, NewsBank will update your online newspaper
subscription with several enhancements, making it easier to locate,
use news articles. The more intuitive interface will feature:
* The ability to browse by "date" and "section," making it possible to read
the electronic newspaper content much as you would a print version.
* "Quick links" on each article page for instant searches by author, page,
section or date without starting a new search.
* The option to search within a specific newspaper section.
* The ability to view an unlimited number of search results. Previously, a
search could return a maximum of 200 results.
* New "Search History" and "Saved Articles" functionality which tracks
recent searches, lists them so they can be easily reviewed and consolidates
all selected articles so each is only a click away.
* "Search History", "Saved Searches" and "Saved Articles" tabs have been
integrated as links into the left navigation area for more intuitive
* A new "Source Groups" option that allows you to create a customized group
of titles (i.e., "Southern California", "Upstate New York", "Eastern
Europe", "Local Newspapers", etc.)
If you have questions or comments, your Customer Service Representative can
be reached at 800-243-7694 (802-875-2910 for overseas customers) or by
custservice at newsbank.com
Technology Planning Consultant
Library Development Services
Oregon State Library
Tel. (503) 378-2112 Ext. 224
Fax (503) 378-6439
pam.horan at state.or.us
More information about the Libs-Or