[Libs-Or] ACRL-OR to sponsor an Emerging Leader: request for applicants
kincanj at wou.edu
Fri Sep 8 11:24:28 PDT 2006
The Oregon chapter of the Association of College and Research Libraries
(ACRL-OR) will sponsor attendance for one Oregon academic librarian to
participate in ALA’s Emerging Leaders Program. The program requires
attendance at both ALA Midwinter (January 19, 2007) in Seattle and ALA
Annual Conference (June 22, 2007) in Washington, D.C. See program
information at http://lb.princetonlibrary.org/emerging_leaders.html
ACRL-OR’s sponsorship will provide a total of $1,000 for travel expenses.
The Emerging Leaders program is a competitive application process, and
ACLR-OR’s sponsorship does not guarantee acceptance into the program for
the individual. If the individual chosen for sponsorship is not
accepted into the program, no travel expenses will be reimbursed.
The program itself indicates these requirements:
• ALA member, and
• Young (under 35 years) or new librarians of any age with fewer than
5 years post-MLS experience, and
• Recent MLS degree from an ALA or NCATE accredited program or in an
MLS program currently, and
• Able to attend both ALA conferences and work virtually in between, and
• Ready to commit to serve on an ALA, Division, Chapter, or Round
Table committee, task force or work group upon completion of program
In addition, to be qualified for the ACRL-OR sponsorship, applicants
• A member of ACRL-OR
• A librarian working in a library in Oregon, or a student in an
ALA-accredited library program who lives in Oregon
1. Complete the scholarship application form. Include in the same
file an essay, not to exceed 500 words, that includes your interests in
academic libraries and three ways in which you have demonstrated
2. Ensure organizational memberships. See
http://www.olaweb.org/membership.shtml and http://www.ala.org/
3. Provide a resume with your application.
4. Submit the application form and resume via email attachments
(MS-Word files preferred) to ebreak at uoregon.edu by September 15, 2006.
Please use the subject line “ACRL-OR Emerging Leader application”
• September 15: ACRL-OR sponsorship applications due.
• September 22: All sponsorship applicants are notified by the
ACRL-OR board of its decision.
• September 30: The Emerging Leaders program applications due.
Address applications and questions to:
University of Oregon
ebreak at uoregon.edu
Public Services Librarian
Library and Media Services
Western Oregon University
345 N. Monmouth Ave.
Monmouth, OR 97361
kincanj at wou.edu
More information about the Libs-Or