[Libs-Or] ACRL-Oregon Scholarship for Fall Conference
GTrott at corban.edu
Thu Aug 23 08:59:35 PDT 2007
ACRL-Oregon Scholarship Information for Fall Conference (Pack Forest)
ACRL-OR will award two scholarships to the ACRL Washington and Oregon Joint Fall Conference (Oct. 25-26, 2007) at the Pack Forest Conference Center in Eatonville, Washington. The scholarship will cover the registration fee for the conference, which includes room and board, and a $30 remittance to assist in covering travel expenses.
Applicants must be:
* A member of OLA or willing to join before the conference
* A librarian working in a library in Oregon or a student in an ALA-accredited library program who lives in Oregon
* A first-time attendee of Pack Forest
Download and complete the scholarship application (MS Word format) at http://www.olaweb.org/acrl/scholarshipapp.doc
Applications due: September 14, 2007
Applicants need to:
* Write an essay, not to exceed 500 words, that describes your interest in academic libraries and in the theme of the conference. The theme of the conference is: "The Visible Librarian : Establish Your Presence on Campus."
* Provide a resume with your application.
* Submit via email attachments all application materials. MS-Word files preferred.
Applications are due September 14, 2007. Scholarship recipients will be announced by October 5, 2007.
ACRL Scholarship Web page: http://www.olaweb.org/acrl/scholarship.htm
Address applications and questions to:
University of Oregon
ebreak at uoregon.edu
gtrott at corban.edu
More information about the Libs-Or