[Libs-Or] Senior Product Manager (Los Angeles, CA)
Patty De Anda
pdeanda at libraryassociates.com
Thu Jan 4 20:18:16 PST 2007
Library Associates has an exciting new opportunity and is seeking candidates and referrals for the position of
Senior Product Manager - Library Information Management Systems
in the greater Los Angeles area here in Southern California. The Senior Product Manager's (SPM) responsibilities include product line vision, product strategy, and product roadmap. In this capacity, the SPM will be responsible for the company-wide product planning and prioritization process, organization and control of the assigned product lines from its conceptual stages through the product life cycles to meet marketing, sales, and corporate growth objectives, and documentation and communication of key product related information.
The ideal candidate for Senior Project Manager (SPM) will be someone who is flexible, able to work in an unstructured environment, who is creative and adaptable, wants to "lead the pack" by creating and refining products in a growing market, and who is strongly customer-service oriented. The SPM is responsible for the overall ownership, branding, and strategic direction of the product line in this dynamically growing library software and systems vendor.
Market Strategy and Product Definition
* Directs the overall product strategy, research and development requirements, and coordinates the development of new and emerging products and services.
* Develops product definitions by conducting marketing analysis. Understands the markets, customers, industry and external parties. Builds a strong working relationship with multiple internal and external parties to develop a strong knowledge of their motivations, constraints and objectives.
* Develops comprehensive tactical and strategic marketing plans, resulting in the achievement of segment financial and business objectives.
* Participates in developing marketing, sales, programming, and financial plans for assigned product lines. Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, programming, marketing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
* Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, introduces market, distribution/channel issues, and manages mature product through phase-out.
* Provides sales and marketing with required information necessary to successfully launch the product line including, but not limited to, targeted market segment(s), buyer persona profile, competitive assessment, messaging, and other tactical direction. Coordinates product introduction and market exploitation with marketing and sales organizations to ensure maximum penetration of market segment.
* Produces competitive analysis materials comparing assigned product lines with its key competitors.
* Identifies partnering opportunities for complementary third-party products to broaden company's product line.
* Development of A-G standards for assigned products and services.
* Represent the company on standard's committees as assigned.
* Promote the company products and services within the standard's community.
Product Management and Development
* Manages day-to-day progress of product development process for assigned product line.
* Prepares product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development and introduction to market. Coordinates technical product development and release to production.
* Establishes operational and project objectives, assignments and definitions, and delegates assignments to project team.
* Directs and coordinates the activities of project team personnel (development, marketing, QA, customer support, sales) to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget.
* Confers with project staff to outline/negotiate work plans, assign duties and responsibilities, determine schedules and define scope of authority.
* Reviews/analyzes status reports prepared by the project team personnel and modifies schedules and/or plans as required.
Project Status and Budget Compliance
* Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for product line.
* Monitors financial activities to ensure team compliance to budget parameters.
* Prepares technical and financial reviews of the assigned projects and presents information to senior managers, customer and project team personnel as required.
Sales and Customer Support
* Assist the sales team with product marketing as needed to assist in corporate sales growth.
* Develop a thorough understanding of the search products to assist sales in the configuration of demo and training sites for assigned products and services. Assist in customer demonstrations as needed.
* Assist in the preparation of RFP/RFI responses relating to assigned products and services.
* Participates in key sales situations for the product.
* Provides technical phone support and assistance to customers as required.
* Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development, including field sales support and assistance with client presentations.
* Acts as the primary interface with assigned customers and its agents for product development matters.
* Responsible for maintaining communication with the customer to maintain and control project scope as applies to defined design, budget, quality and schedule agreements.
* Provide technical assistance with complex customer issues as well as consulting services to streamline customer internal management processes.
* Develops and maintains a prioritized list of customer and market requirements for product.
* Understanding of marketing principals and how to best position product in the market vis-á-vis competitor's products.
* Minimum 5 years of product management experience in software industry;
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing, or equivalent experience;
* MLIS or equivalent preferred;
* Library services background a plus;
* Strong computer and application software skills - ability to use the computer for extended periods of time;
* Strong technical background required and ability to communicate technological concepts in layman's terms;
* Ability to deliver compelling presentations and product demonstrations;
* High energy level and enthusiasm and a sense of urgency;
* 10-20% travel for customer and industry related meetings.
* Interested applicants are also invited to apply by sending their resume to Keith Gurtzweiler, keith at libraryassociates.com, with a courtesy copy to Patty De Anda, Recruiting Assistant, pdeanda at libraryassociates.com. Please put "Senior Product Manager" as the subject line of your email.
* Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or