[Libs-Or] Manager of Library Services (SF Bay, CA)
Patty De Anda
pdeanda at libraryassociates.com
Thu Jan 4 23:03:34 PST 2007
Library Associates is seeking a Manager of Library Services for a prominent national law firm in their San Francisco Bay area offices. This Manager will have oversight of two libraries located in this area which will require travel between the offices on a regular basis. The position reports to the Director of Administration and the Firm Director of Library Services.
* Management and administration of two law offices in the San Francisco Bay area including hiring, training, supervision and mentoring of the library staff;
* Management of firm-wide library services;
* Management of print and electronic information resources, including budget, research services, cataloging, collections, acquisitions, circulation, tracking industry developments, evaluation of new services, review of client charge-backs and approval of invoices;
* Significant high-level research in print and electronic media.
* MLS in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution;
* Minimum of five years of library experience with at least three years of supervisory experience;
* Strong interpersonal and customer skills and demonstrated ability to lead, manage people, projects and problem solving;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills;
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, government regulations, written reports and procedure manuals;
* Ability to present information and respond to inquiries from clients;
* Proficiency in Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw, Internet, Microsoft Word and Excel;
* Knowledge of PowerPoint, Access and commercial databases such as D&B, CCH and OCLC highly desirable;
* Ability to travel inter-office as well as to professional events as required.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Patty De Anda, pdeanda at libraryassociates.com <mailto:pdeanda at libraryassociates.com> , with a courtesy copy to Keith Gurtzweiler, keith at libraryassociates.com <mailto:keith at libraryassociates.com> . Please include position ID "#562" in the subject line of your email.
* Equal Opportunity Employer
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the sender.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or