[Libs-Or] Opening Library Assistant (full time)
SCOLEMAN at ci.tualatin.or.us
Thu Jul 5 11:08:32 PDT 2007
Library Assistant (full time)
The City of Tualatin is located 13 miles south of Portland, Oregon at
the nexus of Interstate 5, Interstate 205 and the Tualatin River.
SALARY: $14.84-$18.80 per hour.
Includes the employee's 6% retirement contribution.
Offers a competitive benefit package.
HOURS OF WORK: Regular, full-time, 40 hours per week.
Schedule varies - may include evenings & weekends.
* Processes Library materials: checks materials in/out.
* Empties book carts and shelves Library materials.
* Cleans and does simple repairs to Library materials.
* Registers new patrons, collects fines, balances cash drawer.
* Updates material and patron information into Library computer
* Maintains the Library in a neat and orderly condition
* Performs Library clerical duties as directed.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should possess excellent
public relations skills and be able to provide public service to the
patrons in a friendly, businesslike manner. The position requires the
ability to organize, file and maintain accurate records and to enter
data into a computer, type, file and spell accurately. Previous library
experience preferred. Bi-lingual English/Spanish desired.
* Ability to occasionally lift objects weighing more than 25#;
* Ability to frequently lift objects weighing less than 25#;
* Ability to operate standard office equipment, i.e.; typewriter,
PC, copy machine, telephone, calculator;
* Ability to stand for prolonged periods;
* Ability to communicate with patrons;
* Ability to handle constant interruptions.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-placement Library skills test,
which consists of alphabetical and numerical sorting. Must have good
There are three ways to request a recruitment packet:
* Visit employment opportunities under quick links on our web
site www.ci.tualatin.or.us to print the materials;
* Stop by and personally pickup a packet at the City of Tualatin,
18880 SW Martinazzi Avenue, Tualatin, OR 97062; or,
* Request a packet to be mailed by calling 503.691.0285, and
selecting option 8 (speaking slowly-leave your name, address, telephone
number and identify which packet you wish to receive.)
Materials may be submitted by mail to the attention of the Circulation
Services Supervisor at the above address or by email to
recruitment at ci.tualatin.or.us.
No faxed materials accepted.
If you need accommodation in the process, please call 503.691.3021. If
you have specific questions regarding the position duties and
responsibilities, please call 503.691.3068. Successful candidate will be
required to undergo an extensive reference check, take a pre-placement
medical and physical capabilities exam and successfully complete a drug
Materials must be received by 5 p.m. Monday, July 30, 2007.
The City of Tualatin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ASSISTANT RECRUITMENT NOTICE.DFT (06/28/07)
Support Services Supervisor
Tualatin Public Library
18880 SW Martinazzi Ave
Tualatin OR 97062-7092
Temporary location 8380 SW Nyberg Ste A
PHONE 503 691.3068
FAX 503 692.9720
EMAIL scoleman at ci.tualatin.or.us <mailto:scoleman at ci.tualatin.or.us>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or