[Libs-Or] Resolutions and Actions Passed by ALA Council at 2007 Conference
diedrec at charter.net
Fri Jul 6 00:13:49 PDT 2007
Here is a list of most of the resolutions that were passed by ALA Council at the ALA 2007 Conference. (I am sure I have missed some that were within reports.) If you want the text of any of them let me know and I will see if I can dig out the full text (which really should not be too hard.
ALA Intellectual Freedom Committee:
1. Resolution on the Use and Abuse of National Security Letters: On the Need for Legislative Reforms to Assure the Right to Read Free of Government Surveillance, CD # 19.3 (Passed unanimously)
ALA Committee on Legislation:
1. Resolution on the National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program (NDIIPP) FY 2008 Funding, CD # 20.5
2. Resolution on Government printing Office FY 2008 Appropriations, CD # 20.6
3. Resolution on No Child Left Behind, CD # 20.8
4. Resolution on "Principles for Digital Content," CD # 20.9
5. Resolution of Appreciation for Frederick Weingarten, CD # 20.10 (Director of the Office for Information Technology Policy)
6. Resolution of Appreciation for Miriam Nisbet, CD # 20.11 (ALA Legislative Counsel)
Constitution & Bylaws Committee, CD # 25.1
1. Resolved that ALA affiliate with the Catholic Library Association (done after the CLA revised there purpose statement to one inline with ALA philosophy as requested earlier by ALA for affiliation status)
2. A resolution to randomize all names on all ALA Ballots and not just ALA Council ballots.
General Council Resolutions
1. Accessible Digitization Projects Resolution, CD # 38.1 Revision 2 (passed unanimously) about making all digitalized items accessible to all patrons including people with disabilities.
2. Resolution on Funding for the National Library Service, CD # 44
Committee on Organization, CD # 27.1
1. To revise the composition of the Chapter Relations Committee to include the requirement that members of the committee also be a member of an ALA Chapter or a Divisional Affiliate.
2. Recommendation that ALA Council adopt a report and action item on E-participation
Budget Analysis and Review Committee (BARC) CD # 33.3
There were no action items but they reported that a Graduated Dues Study Task Force has been meeting and there should be a formal report at the 2008 Midwinter Meeting
Committee on Membership Meetings, CD # 37.1
1. Change wording in Policy Manual section 7.4.10 to say "Agendas of Membership Meetings shall provide priority to discussion of membership resolutions "for the second half of the meeting."
2. Add to the end of the first paragraph of section 7.4.10 "Information reports given at the Council/Executive Board/Membership Information Sessions reports shall be excluded from the agendas of Membership Meetings."
Lincoln County Library District
P.O. Box 2027, Newport, OR 97365
Phone & Fax: 541-265-3066
Work: diedre at beachbooks.org
Home: diedrec at charter.net
More information about the Libs-Or