[Libs-Or] Job Announcement: Library Technician 2
gabaldoc at wou.edu
Fri Oct 12 07:09:03 PDT 2007
LIBRARY TECHNICIAN 2
Acquisitions and Resource Sharing Assistant
Salary Range: $1,903 - $2,621 /month plus benefits
Closing Date: Open until filled; Review of applications to begin October 31, 2007.
The complete position announcement and additional application questions are available at: http://www.wou.edu/hr/jobopenings_classified_unclassified.php
This position is in Library and Media Services at Western Oregon University. This is a regular, full-time position and is represented by the Service Employees International Union/Oregon Public Employees Union.
Under the supervision of the Collection Development Librarian, this position is responsible for acquiring library materials through purchase and rental, including: ordering, receiving, and claiming materials, maintaining accurate and complete records of acquisitions transactions, and maintaining the acquisitions and Electronic Resources modules of the Innovative Interfaces (III) library automation system. This position also participates in resource sharing tasks as needed. Specific duties include: Managing the ordering, receipt and pre-processing of materials selected for inclusion library collections, using the III acquisitions system and electronic resources module and other associated files and spreadsheets, verifying and approving invoices for payment, resolving payment and receipt problems with vendors and publishers, extracting financial and statistical reports to support budget and collection development planning.
- One year experience as a Library Technician or an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience;
- Excellent organization and communication skills, including attention to detail and accuracy;
- Demonstrated successful purchasing, accounting or bookkeeping experience;
- Ability to use spreadsheets;
- Accurate keyboarding skills;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Windows operating system and standard office software;
- Proficiency with e-mail and Web browsing applications.
- Familiarity with bibliographic and publishing information sources;
- Previous use of OCLC and/or an Innovative Interfaces integrated library system;
- Prior acquisitions experience;
- Public service experience;
- Experience with Web publishing or computer programming;
- Bachelor’s degree.
Required application materials: A Western Oregon University application and answers to the additional application questions. You may also attach a resume and reference letters to your application. You may obtain a Western Oregon University job application from the WOU Office of Human Resources or at: http://www.wou.edu/admin/hr/forms/emp_appl_form_download-request.htm
Send application materials to: S0746 Library Tech 2, Western Oregon University, Human Resources, 345 N. Monmouth Avenue, Monmouth, OR 97361. You may e-mail as an attached document to employment[at]wou.edu or fax to 503-838-8144.
Collection Development and Science Librarian
Library and Media Services
Western Oregon University
345 N Monmouth Ave.
Monmouth, OR 97361
AIM & Yahoo: libcamila
"Are all librarians this much trouble?"
The Mummy Returns, 2001.
More information about the Libs-Or