[Libs-Or] Networking & Staffing Specialist / Recruiter - information services (Rockville, MD)
Patty De Anda
pdeanda at libraryassociates.com
Fri Oct 12 17:07:24 PDT 2007
LAC is seeking a Networking & Staffing Specialist / Recruiter position
in our Rockville, MD office. This position will serve to fill staff
positions, source candidates in the library/information world, network
within the community, and sleuth out and find sought-after talent.
Staffing Specialist will work closely with other recruiting staff
members, account executives, and human resources.
1. Source candidates: Research and maintain our internal database
of resumes, employees and candidates; seek and out and build
relationships with prospective candidates; and assist recruiters in
talking with targeted referral sourcing (headhunting).
2. Assist HR in working with in-house database, establish and
update authority list of tagging terms for resumes, call candidates in
PCR and update.
3. Assist in communicating job postings and seeking out new online
resources for advertising/posting jobs.
4. Interview candidates who registered with us on a regular basis.
5. Work with project managers in staffing government positions;
help strategize on how to best use our employee base on current
contracts; calendar when government-contract task orders begin and end
and assist in moving candidates from one project to another, as
6. Work and prepare for professional trade shows and professional
events; help recruiters and HR schedule for booth coverage, panel
discussions, sponsorships, and so forth.
7. Initiate and assist with marketing efforts in conjunction with
other recruiting and biz dev staff, including developing new content and
formats for the website.
8. Work with others (HR etc.) to develop training or mentoring
programs for our internal corporate staff.
* MLS or coursework toward MLS, or equivalent experience and
familiarity with information professionals in a related industry
(library, archives, knowledge management, etc.).
* Must be computer savvy: MS Office Suite, websites, online
research, knowledge of RSS, social networking, etc.
* Must be organized, self-starter, team player.
* Excellent communication skills, spoken and written.
* Excellent relationship-building skills.
* People-oriented demeanor as we are in the people business,
basic interviewing skills.
* Human resources experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to Keith Gurtzweiler,
keith at libraryassociates.com <mailto:keith at libraryassociates.com> .
LAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged,
confidential, and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or