[Libs-Or] Japan/America Picture Book - Oregon Reads

Katie Anderson anderson_katie at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Thu Dec 18 08:12:08 PST 2008

Below is information from an email I got from a local author about her new book that may be good resource for your upcoming Oregon Reads events.  This is not an endorsement, please refer to your collection development policy to make sure it is a good fit for your library.

katie.anderson at state.or.us, 503-378-2528

Title:  In My Day:  Journey for a Day to Japan and America During the Early 1900s
Japanese Version Title:  Watashi no Ichinichi

ISBN/EAN13:  In My Day 143820731X / 9781438207315 ;  Watashi no Ichinichi 143824326X / 9781438243269

Description:  Journey for a day with two children: a girl in Japan and a boy in America during the early 1900s.  Can they have anything in common living thousands of miles apart?  The book celebrates the contrasting cultures of nostalgic Japan and America through word and pictures, but also concludes that individuals from those contrasting cultures have many things in common.

Author & Illustrator Bio:  June Atsuko Martel was born and raised in Japan.  She met her husband, Joe, while he was serving in the military in 1948, and they married in 1951. Shortly after, they moved to the United States where she earned an art drawing certificate from Art Instruction Inc.  They now live in Bend, Oregon and have two children and four grandchildren.  She published In My Day in 2008 in collaboration with her husband and daughter.

Where to Buy:  Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/My-Day-Journey-America-during/dp/143820731X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229563439&sr=1-1 and CAMALLI BOOK COMPANY in Bend, Oregon at 1288 SW Simpson, Suite C

For More Information:  Please visit KobosBooks.web.officelive.com