[Libs-Or] Volunter Computer Assistant Inquiry

ANNIE LEWIS ALewis at ci.tualatin.or.us
Mon Dec 29 10:36:41 PST 2008

Hello,

The Tualatin Library is exploring the idea of creating a volunteer
position for a volunteer computer assistant.  The volunteer would assist
patrons using the public Internet terminals with basic computer related
questions such as logging on, printing, opening programs, etc.  We do
have volunteer computer class assistants but are looking into recruiting
someone to be available at our public Internet stations during our
busiest hours.

We would like to know if other libraries have created similar positions
and if so, if you could share your experiences with us.

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts!

Annie

Annie Lewis
Public Services Assistant
Tualatin Public Library