[Libs-Or] Access Services Library Assistant position at Marylhurst U
nhoover at marylhurst.edu
Mon Jun 23 12:26:46 PDT 2008
Marylhurst University Library: Access Services Library Assistant
Purpose of Position
Supports the afternoon and evening operations in Access Services including day to day coverage and operations of the Circulation Desk, enforcing library circulation and reserve policies, working with patrons and helping them use and locate library materials, preparing outgoing consortium borrowing materials, performing all aspects of interlibrary loan processes, overseeing student workers, ordering supplies, keeping signage and communications current.
1. Circulation Desk Duties: communicating with patrons, enforcing library circulation policies, staffing the circulation desk, provide evening support to patrons, serve as ranking library staff member for evening shift, collaborate with the Access Services Manager on circulation procedure and policy, assist in maintaining patron records.
2. Oversee and direct student workers at circulation; training students in areas of Access Services including Summit and ILL.
3. On Sundays, this person will be the only staff member in the library and will need to be able to handle all issues that arise.
4. Maintain signage and library communications across campus for ongoing print and web distribution like hours and gallery shows.
5. Manage hold shelf and general stacks maintenance in coordination with the Access Services Manager.
6. Prepare outgoing materials for Summit borrowing, run routine reports and keep system current, communicate with Summit libraries when necessary.
7. Search, order, receive, and process interlibrary loan materials via OCLC; send and transmit documents via Ariel, fax or USPS; track usage and copyright using CLIO software.
8. Order and distribute supplies; create and track purchase orders, maintain library supply closet including toner for copiers, copier maintenance and troubleshooting.
9. Maintain neat and clutter-free environment for the entire building.
1. Bachelor or Associate degree preferred.
2. Experience working in a library required, preferably in circulation.
3. Knowledge of circulation functions of integrated library systems, preferably Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
4. Must be highly organized, able to problem solve, provide excellent customer service, and thrive in an environment of change.
5. Ability to work independently within the framework of a team environment.
6. Excellent PC skills; ability to learn new software and keep current with new technologies.
7. Attention to detail required.
8. Ability to lift up to 30 lbs., tolerate dust, push and pull fully loaded carts, bend, squat, reach, and use step stools.
Sunday, 10 am to 7 pm; Monday through Thursday, 1 pm to 10 pm.
Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; two weeks paid vacation; paid sick leave and holidays; tuition waiver program; life and disability insurance; and generous retirement plan.
Send a cover letter and résumé to Human Resources by Friday, July 11, 2008.
17600 Pacific Highway (Hwy 43) / PO Box 261 / Marylhurst, OR 97036-0261
Phone: 503.636.8141 / Toll-free: 800.634.9982 / Fax: 503.636.9526
Marylhurst, OR 97036
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or