[Libs-Or] "We Shall Remain" series on PBS in April event kit available

MaryKay Dahlgreen dahlgreen_marykay at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Mon Nov 3 11:33:08 PST 2008

The WE SHALL REMAIN library event kit offers programming ideas and resources to help libraries and other organizations deliver engaging events leading up to, during, and after the WE SHALL REMAIN series premiere in April 2009. Features include storytelling days, reading circles, cross-cultural art projects for youth, discussion forums, film series, guidelines for evaluating media about Native peoples, and an extensive bibliography of book, film, and Internet resources.
The 28 page library event kit for the PBS "American Experience" series, "We Shall Remain," is now available as a .pdf document at:
http://www.pbs.org/weshallremain/libraries
The website also features a fillable form you can use to log in your library event.
The five-episode series will air on five consecutive Mondays, starting on
13 April 2009.

MaryKay Dahlgreen
Program Manager, Library Development
Oregon State Library