[Libs-Or] Proposals for Amo Leer Project Manager - DUE 9/17!
molly at tigard-or.gov
Tue Sep 16 16:16:26 PDT 2008
Request for Proposal
Project Manager for Amo Leer Grant
(Please see attached document for a full description of the grant project.)
Due Wednesday, September 17, 2008
The Oregon Library Association is accepting proposals for a Project Manager for the Amo Leer project of the Children's Services Division (CSD) of OLA. The Project Manager will manage all aspects of the Amo Leer project under the direction of the Amo Leer Task Force of the CSD. The Project Manager will be under contract with the Oregon Library Association.
The Project Manager of the Amo Leer project will:
* Attend all meetings of the Amo Leer Task Force (up to 5 during this time period)
* Provide weekly e-mail updates to the Task Force on project activities
* Develop the application for libraries to apply for materials
* Distribute the application to all qualified libraries
* Receive and review all applications and provide them to the Amo Leer Task Force
* Contact all applicants and notify them if they have been selected or not for the Amo Leer project
* Put out a bid to vendors to provide 20 sets ($9,000/700+ books each) of core Spanish/English and Spanish children's books aimed at 3rd grade reading level and lower
* Review the bids and make a vendor recommendation to the Task Force
* Work with the Task Force to finalize the selection of materials
* Manage the contract, obtaining the appropriate CSD and OLA signatures and appropriate filings with OLA for billing and payments
* Contact the participating libraries and assist them in selecting their materials
* Order the materials and arrange for their delivery to the participating libraries
* Consult with the participating libraries in adding these materials to their collections (cataloging data and jackets and other processing will be done by the vendor, etc). The participating libraries will do any local processing and add the records to their catalog.
* Develop, with input from the Amo Leer Task Force, promotional and training materials for the participating libraries to assist them in utilizing the collections in the best manner possible. This will include a sticker to place on all materials noting the AMO LEER project.
* Develop and print or upload web-based materials for promotion or training
* Schedule and arrange for training sessions conducted by the Amo Leer Task Force members for the participating libraries
* Develop the statistical report for participating libraries to begin their statistic gathering at time of the grant award and at the end of the grant cycle
The Project Manager will work on this project from September/October, 2008 until April/May, 2009 (seven months) with time spent to be approximately 200 hours. (Please see attached document for a full description of the grant project.)
The proposal should include:
* Experience and background managing projects
* Library experience and background
* Experience working with Spanish speaking communities
* Work plan and cost
Please submit the proposal to: Molly Carlisle, molly at tigard-or.gov<mailto:molly at tigard-or.gov>, Amo Leer Task Force chair, by Wednesday, September 17, 2008.
For questions: molly at tigard-or.gov<mailto:molly at tigard-or.gov>
Molly L. Carlisle
Youth Services Supervisor
Tigard Public Library<http://www.tigard-or.gov/library>
molly at tigard-or.gov<mailto:molly at tigard-or.gov>
Schedule: Sunday-Thursday, 9:30-6 (except Tuesday, 12-8:30)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or