[Libs-Or] Oregon Reads 2009: your blind patrons can participate!

Katie Anderson anderson_katie at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Tue Sep 30 09:59:13 PDT 2008

On February 14, 2009 Oregon will celebrate it's sesquicentennial; that's right, Oregon is turning 150 years young in 2009. Of all the birthday celebrations going on in 2009,  Talking Book and Braille Services (TBABS)  is most excited about a statewide event called Oregon Reads! During the period of January to April 2009, all Oregonians are encouraged to read one of three books: Stubborn Twig by Lauren Kessler, Bat 6 by Virginia Euwer Wolff, or Apples to Oregon by Deborah Hopkins.

To make sure that Talking Book patrons have an opportunity to enjoy these three Oregon inspired titles, TBABS has made sure to have all three books available in one of our many formats. The deadline to order your books is October 17, 2008.  Check out our Oregon Reads page at http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/TBABS/oregon_reads.shtml  for more information on how to be a part of the party!

TBABS is a federally funded program that provides a free service to all blind and/or print-disabled Oregonians.
To find out how to register your blind and/or print-disabled patrons visit our website at: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/TBABS/registration.shtml.

Elke H. Bruton
TBABS Librarian
Talking Book and Braille Services