[Libs-Or] Job Opening: Portland, OR
cmarlow at OCOM.edu
Tue Sep 2 12:32:36 PDT 2008
Please excuse cross-postings
Job Posted Sept 2nd, 2008
Job Position: College Librarian
Job Location: OCOM Main Campus
The Oregon College of Oriental medicine (OCOM) seeks a full-time professional Librarian with experience in library management and operations, preferably in an academic setting. Under the supervision of the college's Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Librarian will oversee and develop the college's specialized medical library collection and ensure the provision of quality library services to members of the college community.
Essential functions of this position will include:
● Management and oversight of the OCOM library budget
● Management of library support staff, including work study students
● Development of the college's specialized collection, including periodicals
● Oversight of circulation and cataloging functions
● Development and periodic review of library policies and procedures
● Coordination of library information technology services, in conjunction with the OCOM information technology staff
● Participation in ongoing institutional self study processes, and periodic assessment of the quality of library services
● Periodic provision of instructional services to faculty and students
● Participation in academic decision making as a member of the college's Academic Steering Committee
● MLS (or equivalent) degree from an ALA accredited program is required at the time of appointment
● The ideal candidate will have significant experience managing a small specialized library, preferably with a healthcare emphasis
● Teaching experience preferred
● College or university library experience highly desirable
● Familiarity with traditional Oriental medicine, including acupuncture and/or traditional Chinese herbal medicine would be a plus
Please note: All applicants must pass a criminal background check and prove authorization to work in the United States at the time of position offer.
To apply for this position
Qualified applicants should email (as PDF or Word Document attachments) a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three professional references to Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dr. Tim Chapman [tchapman at ocom.edu]. Cover letter should specifically indicate relevant experience, skills, and interests. The position will remain open until filled.
Application materials may also be surface mailed or faxed to:
Dr. Tim Chapman, VP for Academic Affairs
Attn: Librarian Search
Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
10525 SE Cherry Blossom Drive
Portland, Oregon 97216
Fax: (503) 253-2701
The Oregon College of Oriental Medicine is a non-profit, Equal Opportunity employer, dedicated to the art of healing and the transformation of health care. Founded in 1983, OCOM offers Master’s (MAcOM) and Doctoral (DAOM) degrees in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or