[Libs-Or] Free MayDay! Disaster Response Workshop (Portland, OR)

Shawna Gandy gandysl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 20:03:30 PDT 2009

Free MayDay! Disaster Response Workshop

Sponsored by the Portland Area Disaster Response Group (DIRG)

and the Oregon Library Association Preservation Roundtable

Friday, May 1, 10am-12pm

Portland State University   Millar Library   Room 160

1875 SW Park Avenue, Downtown Portland

Earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, floods, building collapse -- we
are all susceptible to natural and manmade disasters. In our post-911,
post-Katrina world, we all know the importance of being prepared. A specific
plan of action that aims to reduce immediate and continued threats and
salvage already-damaged items could make all the difference to compromised
collections. But did you know that your ability to act – and to pay for that
action – hinges on requirements set forth by your institution’s insurance
policy?  Have you factored insurance into your disaster plan?

DIRG and the OLA Preservation Roundtable invite you to MayDay! 2009, a free
workshop for all concerned about disaster planning and response for your
library, archive, historical society, or museum, regardless of your level of
preparedness. This year’s workshop will highlight important aspects of
insurance, as well as a variety of useful resources to get your own plan in
tiptop shape. If you have an updated plan, outdated plan, or no plan, we are
here to help and to provide resources and expertise. Please reserve a spot
now!  And of course, refreshments provided.

RSVP to Kris Kern, kernk at pdx.edu

Visit the new DIRG website:
http://sites.google.com/site/disasterresponsegroup/