[Libs-Or] PLA Scholarship Opportunity for all Public Library Staff

Robin Beerbower RBEERBOWER at cityofsalem.net
Wed Aug 19 15:06:39 PDT 2009

This coming year Oregon library staff has the exciting opportunity to
attend the Public Library Association national conference being held in
Portland, March 23-27, 2010.  If you would like to attend but simply
can’t afford the registration fee and a hotel, have we got a deal for
you!  The Public Library Division is pleased and excited to offer not
one but TWO scholarships to attend!  Each stipend will be for $500 and
can be used for registration fees, lodging, and meals, and any PLD
member working full or part-time in a public library who has never
attended a national conference (ALA or PLA) is eligible to apply.  Not a
PLD member?  Not a problem!  If you are an OLA member, you can
immediately join PLD by going to the link on the application form (PLD
membership fee is $10/year).  The deadline for registration is September
10 and you will be notified by the end of September which should give
you plenty of time to register and book a hotel.

The application form is available on MemberClicks -
https://web.memberclicks.com/mc/quickForm/viewForm.do?orgId=ola&formId=64810

Check here for more information on the PLA conference:
http://www.placonference.org//general_information.cfm

If you have any questions, please contact me at
rbeerbower at cityofsalem.net or 503-588-6089.

Robin

Robin Beerbower
Outreach/Homebound Services