[Libs-Or] Listen Up! Super Bowl 2009 and Audio Books--Who Knew?

ROBIN BEERBOWER RBEERBOWER at cityofsalem.net
Tue Feb 3 10:34:40 PST 2009

Matt Hasselbeck
Matt Cassel
Ben Roethlisberger

Which of the above, according to John Madden, needs the Dewey Decimal System to find the next play to run?

If you said Roethlisberger, not only did you see the Super Bowl, but you listened to the commentary. Roethlisberger, however, needed to be able to do more than find the plays for his team to win the Super Bowl; he needed to be able to execute those plays. And like the quarterback, librarians these days need more than the Dewey Decimal System to run the right "plays" in our libraries. And if you are a listener as well as a reader, you have the potential to be a great listeners' advisor. "Playing" books is now as important as reading books for many of our customers.

Explore the possibilities. Learn new "plays." Learn about new ways to "play" books. Join us for the OLA preconference "Listen Up: Audio Books in the Library."

For more information, go to OLA's conference website, http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do?sitePageId=74389 or email me.

(Thanks to Carolyn Avery for the above text.)

Robin Beerbower
PLD Chair
rbeerbower at cityofsalem.net