[Libs-Or] EBSCO Update: Pre-CINAHL Content Merged w/ CINAHL Databases

Jennifer Maurer maurer_jennifer at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Tue Feb 3 13:12:44 PST 2009

Hi,
I received this update from EBSCO.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant
Library Development
Oregon State Library
250 Winter Street NE
Salem, OR  97301-3950
503-378-5011
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Dear EBSCO Customer,
We are pleased to announce that we have incorporated the content in the Pre-CINAHL database with our CINAHL products to streamline your search experience.  Pre-CINAHL was intended to provide current awareness of new journal articles, and included a rotating file of limited bibliographic information (no subject searching), which was available to searchers only for the time when these articles were being assigned additional indexing. This enabled users to gain access to article citations that otherwise would not have been available. These early article citations are now part of all CINAHL products.
This update means that:
All of the records you wish to access in Pre-CINAHL can be searched in your subscribed CINAHL product
If you wish to exclude these records in your CINAHL product search, you can use the "Exclude Pre-CINAHL" search limiter
Therefore, on March 31, 2009 we will discontinue the Pre-CINAHL database as a stand-alone product. On that date, Pre-CINAHL, alone, will no longer be accessible to you. Please delete or change any links you may have created to this product.
The new CINAHL Support Center (http://support.ebscohost.com/cinahl) is available whenever you need support in learning how to use CINAHL products, promoting CINAHL products to others, or when training new users on how to maximize the many features and benefits of CINAHL databases.
If you need assistance, please visit EBSCO's Support Site (http://support.ebscohost.com) to learn about new features, search among thousands of FAQs, download Flash tutorials, Help Sheets or User Guides, or communicate with Technical Support using the EBSCO Support Form (http://support.ebscohost.com/contact/askus.php).
Sincerely,
Marcie Brown
Technical Communications Manager
EBSCO Publishing