[Libs-Or] Enterprise Search insights needed

Jeff Crump jcrump at mercycorps.org
Tue Feb 10 09:15:26 PST 2009

We are looking into enterprise search solutions for our organization. We need to provide our users with the ability to search our Drupal intranet, a document repository, and a social software site. As a non-profit, we're interested in open source, so we've been looking at Lucene and Solr.

If you have undertaken a similar enterprise search project, we'd love to get your insights about your experience (chosen tool, what it's searching, number of personnel involved, major problems encountered, etc.)

I'd be happy to summarize for the list if there is interest.

Thanks and best regards,
Jeff

Jeff Crump
Digital Librarian