[Libs-Or] ACRL-Oregon @ OLA 2009

Robin A. Paynter paynter at pdx.edu
Thu Jan 8 15:44:16 PST 2009

ACRL-Oregon sponsors a preconference, programs, and a social event at
every OLA Annual Conference. We are pleased to present a slate of
programs and events of interest to Academic Librarians statewide.

*PRECONFERENCE*: Wednesday, April 1: 9:00am-5:00pm

/Introduction to Music Cataloging/ (Technical Services Round Table and
ACRL-Oregon co-sponsors)

Cathy Gerhart and Rebecca Belford will cover basic cataloging of musical
scores and sound recordings, including musical terminology, MARC
tagging, and the cataloging rules unique to music materials. Examples
will be in LC classification. The format includes overviews,
opportunities to ask questions, and time to practice the day's new
knowledge on examples.

Registration Fee: $85 *
*

*SPONSORED PROGRAMS:*Thursday, April 2 - Friday, April 3
Times and Locations: TBA

    * /Creating a Northwest Library Research Network/
    * /New Developments in Consortial Borrowing: Aren't We One Big
      Library with Branches?/
    * /New Student Library Orientation: Comparing Programs Within
      Oregon, Washington, and Beyond/
    * /Training on Purpose: Building Staff Development Programs that Work/
    * /YouTube Meets OSU Libraries/
    * /Librarians Can Help Me With That? Getting the Word Out About Your
      Reference and Instruction Services/
    * /The Assessment Story: Measuring the Impact of Programming and
      Services/
    * /Our Story: Implementing Information Literacy at Corban College/
    * /WorldCat.Org: Where Libraries and Users Connect/
    * /Dspace for Digital Repositories: One Platform, Two Stories/
    * /Evidence Based Research: What It Is and How to Find It/

*
SOCIAL EVENT:*Wednesday, April 1: 5:00-7:00pm
Location: TBA

Kick off the Conference with a friendly happy hour get-together with
your fellow academic librarians - food, drinks, networking! Mark your
calendars!!

--
Portland State University logo

*Robin Paynter*
Social Sciences Librarian
220D Library
Portland State University

503.725.4501
503.725.4524
paynter at pdx.edu
http://www.pdx.edu/library/paynter.html

"The fragmentation of rational knowledge in the postmodern world has
produced a focus on information that is unaware of its history." --
Marcus Breen (1997)