[Libs-Or] Register for OCLC events at ALA Midwinter | Save over $200 on your CIL registration

Western Western at oclc.org
Mon Jan 12 07:25:04 PST 2009

Register now for OCLC-sponsored sessions at ALA Midwinter in Denver

Locations, dates and times for all of OCLC's sessions at ALA Midwinter
are now available online.

Register for the following OCLC sessions and more now!
<blocked::http://visit.oclc.org/t?r=896&c=1573172&l=30874&ctl=2178F6E:61
CED683C78EB2FF6190A396ED0095B02F813B10FD328D04&>

OCLC Symposium, Friday, January 23, 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Does the Web itself change how we think and learn? Join OCLC's Roy
Tennant as he moderates a discussion between David Weinberger (author of
Everything is Miscellaneous and co-author of the Cluetrain Manifesto)
and Nova Spivack (Semantic Web pioneer and publisher of the Twine
search/sharing tool) for a discussion that will explore answers to
questions like these: How will we organize information when everyone is
connected all the time? Will the Web add intelligence to everyday
objects and our personal activities? Change is coming to the Web, but
how will the Web change us?

OCLC Update Breakfast, Sunday, January 25, 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Join OCLC and your colleagues for breakfast, a free gift and an update
on OCLC activities from Jay Jordan, President and CEO. Then, share
roundtable conversation with colleagues who share your interests, hosted
by OCLC staff.

Visit OCLC Booth 1704 to discover solutions that connect your users to
the resources they need. See many service demonstrations and ask our
team about:

*	A full range of cataloging services, including contract
cataloging options
*	CONTENTdm for digital collections
*	Dewey Decimal Classification system
*	Digitization and preservation services
*	eContent (NetLibrary eBooks and eAudiobooks)
*	FirstSearch
*	Language Sets for building non-English-language collections
*	QuestionPoint for virtual reference
*	WorldCat Collection Analysis
*	WorldCat Local, which connections your users to local, regional
and global results through a single discovery and delivery experience
*	WorldCat Resource Sharing and other delivery services, including
ILLiad, VDX and WorldCat Navigator

OCLC Western member discounts for CIL now available!

We are pleased to announce that once again OCLC Western members can
receive discounted pricing when you register to attend the 24th Annual
Computers In Libraries conference. Save over $200 per person on the full
three-day conference.

This year's conference, Creating Tomorrow: Spreading Ideas & Learning,
is scheduled for March 29 to April 1, 2009, at the Hyatt Regency Crystal
City in Arlington, Virginia.

Download the registration form now!
<blocked::http://visit.oclc.org/t?r=896&c=1573172&l=30874&ctl=2178F6A:61
CED683C78EB2FF6190A396ED0095B02F813B10FD328D04&>  In order to receive
your discount, you must submit your registration by February 27, 2009
to:

ATTN: Nancy Ellor, Registrar
CIL 2009 Group Discounts
Information Today, Inc.