[Libs-Or] OHSLA Annual Silver Falls Meeting registration deadline extended to Jul. 7th

Todd Hannon hannont at ohsu.edu
Wed Jul 1 13:56:05 PDT 2009

Oregon Health Sciences Libraries Association’s Annual Silver Falls Meeting registration deadline extended

If you haven’t registered yet and would like to attend…
Step 1.  E-mail Dolores Judkins at judkinsd at ohsu.edu<mailto:judkinsd at ohsu.edu> by July 7th with intent to attend.
Step 2.  Mail the attached completed registration form with payment to the address listed on the form.

Meeting Announcement
This year's meeting will be held July 23-24, 2009 at beautiful Silver Falls State Park.   We are looking forward to a rewarding meeting, including a business meeting on Thursday evening and CE on Friday morning.
This year's CE topic will be “Health Issues in the Headlines: Learning to Read Between the Lines” taught by Gail Kouame, Consumer Health Coordinator at the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific Northwest Region (University of Washington).  More information about this session can be found at http://cech.mlanet.org/node/269.
Given the economic state of affairs, the OHSLA Board decided to substantially subsidize the meeting this year.   For OHSLA members who choose to share a room, the cost of the meeting including lodging, food and CE will be just $20.  See the attached registration form for more details. The number of people we are able to accommodate is limited, so be sure to register soon!  Registration will close July 7.

We have one student scholarship available and up to three scholarships for OHSLA members lacking institutional support; please contact Dolores Judkins at judkinsd at ohsu.edu<mailto:judkinsd at ohsu.edu> for more information about this. We are encouraging people to carpool to the meeting this year.  If you need a ride or have some extra space in your vehicle, please feel free to post to the OHSLA listserv at ohsla at ohsu.edu<mailto:ohsla at ohsu.edu> to connect with a colleague.

I’ve also attached an OHSLA membership form.  If you join OHSLA, you’ll be able to take advantage of the subsidized rates for the Annual Meeting.  We’ll just need to receive your completed membership and annual meeting registration forms prior to July 7th.

See you in Silver Falls!

Todd

Todd Hannon
OHSLA President