[Libs-Or] Fwd: [alacoun] resolution endorsing single payer, universal health care

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 15:01:27 PDT 2009

I normally would wait for Suzanne to post this but since I have been talking
about this issue already I thought I would forward this resolution on to
you.  I have known that this resolution was being written for the last week
or so but the Chapter Councilors writing it thought I was too "radical" to
move or second the resolution. ;-)   Anyway, if this resolution passes at
the ALA Council meeting it will give the ALA Washington Office a push
towards being an active voice on health care for us in Congress.

Of course, you can also send a note today to your Senators and
Representatives using the ALA site.  As long as you know your zipcode this
is a quick and easy way to send an email:  http://capwiz.com/ala/home/ .