[Libs-Or] Fwd: [District Dispatch] E-Government at your library: Take part in E-Government and employment services survey

Diedre Conkling diedre08 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 13:13:30 PST 2009

You may want to help the ALA Washington Office by filling out this survey.
It is easy to fill out - though I think one question is repeated. E-Government
at your library: Take part in E-Government and employment services survey
<http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?p=2164> March 03rd, 2009
http://www.wo.ala.org/districtdispatch/?p=2164

The American Library Association Washington Office’s Office of Government
Relations is interested in learning more about what types of E-Government
(see below for a definition) and employment services are being provided in
libraries.

Your answers on this survey will help us greatly in our work with
legislators in Washington D.C., as we advocate for library funding and other
library interests.

The survey should only take 10 minutes to complete and can be found
here<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=xMQUFMReA9uFegDsSHJ93A_3d_3d.>
.

Please respond to this survey by March 20, 2009.

If you have any questions about this survey, please contact Jessica
McGilvray <jmcgilvray at alawash.org>.

E-Government is the use of technology, predominantly the Internet, as a
means to deliver government services to citizens, businesses and other
entities. This survey briefly explores how public libraries and librarians
help users access government information (i.e., benefits information),
complete government forms online (i.e., apply for benefits), or provide any
other assistance that enables users to interact with online government
(E-Government) services and resources.
--
Diedre Conkling
diedre08 at gmail.com