[Libs-Or] 2009 OLA Conference

Suzanne Sager bvss at pdx.edu
Sun Mar 29 20:28:20 PDT 2009

If you are attending the 2009 OLA Conference, please read through the
following tips.

The 2009 OLA Conference is almost here!  This year there are several
changes that you need to know about.  We have included the changes as
well as some tips to help you get the most out of your conference
experience.

One State, Many Bags-There _will not_ be conference bags available this
year.  Instead we are encouraging conference attendees to bring their
own bag.  You are welcome to bring a library bag to use yourself or swap
for a different one.  This can also include a bag from a library or from
an earlier conference.  You can also donate extra library bags that you
no longer need.  You can bring other types of bags to use yourself, but
we can only take donations of library related bags.  Don't forget to
bring paper and a pen or pencil to take notes.

Directions- You can find directions to the Salem Conference Center at
http://www.salemconferencecenter.org/directions.php

Parking Map-Parking is available at the Salem Conference Center/Phoenix
Grant Hotel (access from Liberty Street), in the Pringle Parking Garage
(access off High Street, top level only) or in the Liberty Parking
Garage (access off Liberty Street, evenings and weekends only).  The
parking map is available online at
http://www.salemconferencecenter.org/pdf/Parking_Map.pdf

Our goal is to provide a greener conference this year so there will be a
minimal of handouts available at the conference.  You will be able to
find conference handouts online at www.nwcentral.org
<http://www.nwcentral.org/> listed under resources.  Conference programs
are available and will be given to each conference attendee.

There won't be an internet café available this year, but there will be
free wireless in the Salem Conference Center.

Wear comfortable shoes!  The Salem Conference Center is fairly large and
you will want to spend time walking through the exhibits.  A map of
local restaurants offering discounts to conference registrants is also
available at the registration desk.  All you need to do is show your
conference badge to receive a discount.  It includes Alessandro's
Ristorante & Galleria; The Beanery; Blue Pepper Internet Café & Art
Gallery; Cascade Baking Company; Governor's Cup Coffee Roasters; J.
James Restaurant; La Margarita Company Restaurant & Grill; Marco Polo
Global Restaurant and Wild Pear Restaurant.  The walking map is also
available on line at
http://data.memberclicks.com/site/ola/OLA_Walking_Map.pdf

Support the OLA MLS Scholarship fund by buying a temporary tattoo from
the OLA Past Presidents Round Table.  Proceeds will help support future
librarians.

Be sure to fill out the conference evaluation which will be available
online after the conference.  You will receive the link by email.
--
Portland State University logo

Suzanne L. Sager
Library East, Cataloging