[Libs-Or] WRITERS-REPORTERS NEEDED
GINNANE Mary J
mary.j.ginnane at ci.eugene.or.us
Fri Mar 20 17:50:16 PST 2009
Another OLA Quarterly is being planned this week. Besides the Winter, 2009 issue on school and public library cooperation, the President's Conference Issue (Summer, 2009) is in development. I am seeking writers and reporters on the conference theme of "Oregon Reads: One State, Many Stories." This can be broken up into Oregon Reads AND One State, Many Stories. With the conference less than two weeks away I thought there'd be a rich mine of stories generated there. Some ideas:
1. the conference experience of various categories of library staff (paraprofessional, new professional, seasoned professional, retired librarian, board member, school, public, academic, special); could be written in blog format
2. a presenter edits their presentation or showcase for publication
3. an attendee interviews a presenter/speaker/author for more in-depth perspective on their subject
4. a vendor's conference experience
5. the story of why someone is not at the conference--and what happens in the library when others are gone
6. your library's experience with Oregon Reads
7. your library's experience with a library reading promotion or other community reading project
I'd also like to include sidebars with shorter stories about "why/how you became a librarian or came to work in a library"; or "the story of a meaningful library interaction you've had which is emblematic of the profession's ideals"; or professional literature/websites you've been reading/viewing that you'd like others in the profession to know about.
The due date for the finished articles is May 15, 2009.
Thanks for considering this request. I hope you are intrigued to help create a story filled issue! Let me know what type of article/reporting you are thinking of.
Editor, OLA Quarterly, Summer, 2009
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Libs-Or