[Libs-Or] 2010 OLA/SSD Conference: Volunteers Needed

Gilmont, Susan susan.gilmont at oregonstate.edu
Mon Nov 2 16:52:01 PST 2009

2010 OLA/SSD Conference
This is a call to anyone interested in being a part of the 2010 SSD
Conference Committee. The Conference will be held at the Salem
Conference Center on Friday, July 23. We need 5-10 people to plan the
event, which involves selecting the theme, scheduling sessions,
speakers, selecting the menu and PR. Please contact Cathy Zgraggen at
cathyz at dpls.us or Susan Gilmont at susan.gilmont at oregonstate.edu for
more information or to volunteer your time. The conference cannot take
place without a committee to plan the event. It would be so
disappointing to not have a conference because a committee could not be
formed. It is a rewarding commitment and allows you to meet new people
from the library world.

Thank you,

Cathy Zgraggen
SSD, Past Chair
Supervisor, La Pine Public Library
Deschutes Public Library
541-312-1094

P.S.  I just have a little comment, here.  We know times are hard.  But
it is so sad to wonder,  "What if nobody is willing to help put on a
conference this year?"  Please, if you can, this is the time to step
forward.  We will all be so grateful.
--Susan Gilmont